Friday, March 22, 2013

Stuff To Do Update, Mar. 22nd, 2013

 Still, mainly for my own use.... But, this is a good way to get a general idea of *some* of the things I'm trying to get done. I'm going to have to sit down soon and extend this list or I fear a good bit of important things may get forgotten or otherwise disappear in the fog of my ADD.

1. Focus
2. Finish official video for "Stuck Up"
3. Storyboard official video for "Fix Me"
4. Finish video for "We Live Majique" Update: Made some headway with this and I think this is what I'm going to do after typing this.
5. Make, test, edit, test, scrap, remake, test, edit and upload Twitter background while NOT being distracted by tweets   Update: this was actually supposed to be about not just the background but also the banner or header or whatever they call it on Twitter. That part, the header title thing, is done. I thought at first the image I used was going to be temporary. But I decided that I like it quite a bit. So, for now, it's staying. So, one thing out of two down....
6. Decide on a "featured" list of songs to be on all artist sites and which songs will be exclusive to which sites
7. Figure out how the hell to use Facebook "page" and how much it can be customized
8. Do taxes Update: Done! Doubt I'll get any of it though. I owe a TON on student loans and I think, this year, they'll finally keep it. Fingers slightly crossed though...
9. Write some blog posts that aren't lists of things for me to remember to do Update: Started getting kind of regular with this almost, sort of.
10. Finish "Burning City" series of paintings
11. Decide if my artist i.e. "fine artist" name is going to be the VERY common Keith Miller (or KA Miller, etc) or Bunny Prole. Or, maybe, El Blanco?
12. Research and choose art portfolio website to upload art to
13. Design watermark that is tasteful, functional, and unobtrusive (possible?)
14. Write artist statement (where do I even begin?)
15. Make Slaptogether video for "It's Alright Now" or "Chateau Nervoso"
16. Brainstorm new "Light" drawings
17. Look into pricing for prints of existing "Light" drawings
18. Research and purchase a good new printer
19. Create a Facebook "page" for my "fine" art
20. Start making scheduled "update" videos and 6sec videos (Twitter) linked to here and Facebook
21. Finish writing "A Million Lifetimes"
22. Screw up every single sound (minus drums) on every single electronic track I have ever written
23. Make at least 3 new Slaptogether videos for Mr. S (Quiet Time, Rainbows, Mr. S Theme, Theme from "Rock!", Third Drink, Morning Time, etc)
24. Lay out a calendar with target finish dates for major projects
25. Take a damn break
26. Finish lyrics for "Back To Work" Pseudo-Update: Got solid ideas to work with (playing russian roulette with Excel) Look up dangerous games; like chicken, russian roulette, etc and pair with office things.
27. Brainstorm projection video for Inner Party shows
28. Brainstorm ideas for and take new Inner Party pics
29. Make new designs for all IP web sites and implement
30. Scan all sketches of furniture designs
31. Design Mr. S shirts that can be made with Inkjet iron-ons and sell online, also posters Update: found out today that there are now iron-on sheets for injet printers that have a white layer so you can print on dark shirts. I hope HP makes some of those cos the brand I saw at WalMark today is one I have used (Avery) and they were horrible quality; they peel and crack and the color doesn't last. The HP iron-ons, on the other hand, have lasted surprisingly well. I have a shirt that I made around 2002 or 2003 that is still in perfectly good shape. Speaking of, I need to upload that graphic to Redbubble as a shirt design (Art Is For Sissies, muscle car thing) Regardless, this white layer iron-on thing is kind of a boon because all the designs that came to mind early on all would have had to be on black shirts and required white. So, maybe a win?
32. Design IP inkjet iron ons and print to sell at IP shows
33. Iron out all problems with Paypal so I can actually get paid for anything I might sell online
34. Find out if I can sell anything on that website Maryevelyn uses to sell stuff. Update: Found out and yes, I can. New #34: Scan Year of the Balloon Sketchbook and edit or create versions of all the sellable designs for shirts, phone cases (see #43), etc. Also, make account on that site.... Update:
Find or remake and upload "Art Is For Sissies" graphic to Redbubble as a shirt design (Art Is For Sissies, muscle car thing)
35. Songza, Rhapsody, Tunecore, Playlist, last.fm
36. "Unclog" Soundcloud and straighten out all art there Update: Did some of this last night, kind of willy-nilly. "That song? Screw it! Delete." But there was some actual direction taking shape so moving in the right direction.
37. Talk to Simon about possibly playing along with a drum machine. Update: Simon has never done this but is willing to give it a whirl. I need to make some files with some drum parts set up and set a time to go try it out with just me and him, see what happens
38. Get EVERYTHING registered on my ASCAP
39. Write a real Mr. S bio and distribute among music sites
40. Unify art design across all sites Additional: Use images from Maryevelyn photo shoot for this purpose.
41. Figure out how to cross-promote art-music-art
42. Scan ALL sketch books (weeks of work!)
43. Find anything in sketchbooks that can be used as-is for shirts, prints, etc
44. Digitize all old 4-track tapes and mine them for anything good
45. Get voice synthesizer sorted, start using heavily
46. Write new IP songs
47. Write new Mr. S songs
48. Take guitar amp to the shop and figure out how to pay for it's repairs Update: Amp goes to the shop tomorrow. I hope the guy at Blue Moon isn't backed up with repairs right now. Update: Amp has been to the shop and repaired. It turned out, of course, to be a LOT of stuff and to cost about twice what I thought it was going to. But, amp fixed; and sounding really good. So, Another one down!
49. Clean my room Update: Done! Already dirty again... Update: I suppose this one would have a nearly infinite number of update so, whatever. Already cleaned it again. The neverending story right?
50. Keep going to work every day to pay the bills and wear me out and keep me from being able to do number one on this list
51. Using voice synthesizer, make announcements/MC stuff for live show
52. Pick a Mr. S song to have a video that is nothing but a black screen with some really, really nice title and end-title screens. Then, pick another song to have what seems like the exact same video, except make, either, little intermittent flashes of things on key song points. Or, have a full frame video in B&W that is toned down to be almost black with gray as the 'white.'

And that's it for this To-Do Update, Mar. 22nd, 2013

Now, time to get to work on "We Live Majique."

No comments:

Post a Comment