Saturday, April 13, 2013

New Drawing #3: Beginnings

Progress! I have two more drawings started. I started really working on the one tentatively known as "#3."  And here's a photo timeline so far.

FIRST! You must play this while reading:

Step 1: Stare at blank page until eyeballs turn red and pop out of skull. It seems this is a very real problem for lots of budding artists; no ideas. I seem to have too many, a problem that, while being a problem, is a much better problem to have. I need a team of college art-student interns.


[Nota bene: The process I'm showing here starts after all the setting up lights, photographing, posing, rethinking, photographing, putting the lights back up that fell for the third time, posing, photographing, importing, looking, black-and-whitelizing, cropping, looking, comparing, re-cropping, level adjusting, editing, looking again, flipping, re-comparing, deciding that I picked the wrong photo completely and starting over.... Which leads to the following.]

Step 2: Printing. And then reprinting because the printer I bought for thirty dollars is a piece of crap. Damn you Canon! You always do me right, except with printers.



Step 3:


 Step 4: Start with the parts of the drawing that are completely black and big.


Detail showing tracing.Yes, I said tracing.

Detail showing earliest defined areas and a bit of.... tracing.
Step 5: More dark areas, some less so.


Detail of Step 5

Detail of Step 5

Detail of Step 5

Detail of Step 5
We'll pick up with step 6, I think.

Czech out more of my art at Burning City Studios Facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment